Owner and Principal Consultant
Jo has over 15 years experience in Indigenous archaeology and heritage management, with experience in the Pilbara, South West, Wheat Belt, Central West, Gascoyne, Goldfields and greater Perth metropolitan regions. Having worked previously in the mining industry, Jo has extensive experience in a broad range of contexts including mining and resources, land and housing developments, pastoral, infrastructure and private construction. Through her Masters degree Jo has also gained practical work experience through internships at the WA Museum and the World Heritage Centre at the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in Paris.
As a former employee of Hamersley Iron’s Aboriginal Training and Liaison (ATAL) department, Jo has conducted and assisted with over a hundred heritage surveys and field trips within the Pilbara region. She has also gained extensive experience in field logistics in remote areas, Indigenous community liaison and consultation, project management, design and delivery of training to employees and the Indigenous community, CHMS development and implementation, GIS and audits and reviews (field and system) within a wide range of contexts from conceptual studies through to feasibility, operations and planning for mine closure, large scale infrastructure developments, exploration and evaluation drilling and pastoral.
With dual expertise in archaeology and cultural heritage management, Jo is a forward thinker in the practical application of cultural heritage management in Western Australia. Relevant qualifications include:
- Masters in Applied Cultural Heritage Studies (Curtin University) 2013
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cultural Heritage Studies (JCU) 2003
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons I) in Prehistoric and historic archaeology (USYD) 1998
- Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training (Karratha College of TAFE) 2005
- Certificate IV in Business (Frontline Management) (Modal) 2005
Jo is currently a Full Member of the Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists (AACAI), a Full International Member of the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and a member of the Australian Archaeological Association (AAA), the World Archaeological Congress (WAC).
Our partners and associates
TCHM also work collaboratively with a number of other heritage specialists including:
- Archaeo Logical Pty Ltd (http://www.archaeo-logical.com.au/index.html)
- Amergin Consulting (Australia) Pty Ltd (http://amergin.com.au/index.html)
- de Gand Pty Ltd
- Keogh Bay Consulting (http://keoghbayconsulting.com.au/index.html)
- Scarp Archaeology
- Snappy Gum Heritage (http://snappygumheritage.com/)